Special issue in English (the special question) owes its name to the fact that it is set to determine the details. Put a special issue in English can be any member of the proposal, depending on what kind of information you need. The second name of a special issue in English — is «wh-question». So determine these matters because of the interrogative words, they start: why, what, where, when, whose, which, whom, what kind of, what colour.
How to set a special question in English?
In order to competently build specific questions in the English language, you must keep in mind the sample: question word + auxiliary verb + subject + verb. But in this case, too, has its own nuances. It is important to decide which verb we have to do and if needed in this sentence the auxiliary verb. For example, if the sentence the verb «to be», he works independently without the help of auxiliary verbs. If you offer more than one auxiliary verb, the first of them is located in front of the subject, and the second directly behind him.
Selecting auxiliary verb depends, of course, on the form and time of the predicate. Once again I remind you that in the present tense verbs «do / does», as in the past — «did». If we ask a special question in English at the present time, then do not forget to remove the ending — s (if any) from the main verb. In the past the same time deprived of the end of the verb — ed, either the main verb changes its shape, if it is wrong. To better navigate in the auxiliary verbs in English, as well as to easily determine when they are needed and when not to read the article of the same name on our blog.
Let’s show some examples of how specific issues are given in English.
- We had a nice journey to Jamaica last year. (In the past year, we are well traveled to Jamaica).
- When did we have a nice journey to Jamaica? (When?)
- Where did we have a nice jounrney to? (Where?)
- What journey did we have? (What was the trip?)
- She plays the piano three times a week. (She plays the piano three times a week).
- What does she do? (What does?)
- How often does she play? (How often played?)
- They are working in another office at the moment. (They are now working in another office).
- Where are they working at the moment? (Where?)
- What are they doing right now? (What they are doing now?)
Do not forget also that in addition to the question words in the English language, there are also questioning the structure, for example: what time, what kind of / what sort of, how often, how long, how many / how much, how old, with whom, and etc.
To seamlessly create special issues in English, you must be familiar theoretical information and freely navigate the parts of speech and their properties. Well, without the knowledge of the English language at all times anywhere. It turns out that the problem will not occur only in the case if you diligently taught English grammar.