English verbs have a grammatical category as collateral (voice). It shows itself whether the subject produces the action, or it is subject to the action of the predicate. To that end, all the words of the English language used in either real or active voice (active voice), or passive or passive voice (passive voice). If the subject is the producer of the action expressed by the predicate, we use the verb in the active voice. For example:
They often join me at the meetings. — They often go with me to the meeting.
Our relatives presented us with a bouquet of flowers. — Our relatives gave us a bouquet of flowers.
When I needed the passive voice?
Passive voice in English
By resorting to the passive voice, if not itself the subject performs the action, and, on the contrary, it is experiencing the effects emanating from the predicate. In this case, it is clear who performs the action, or do not attach importance to this. The main thing — the result of this action. In order to form a form of passive voice, you need to know a few rules. But first and foremost is to learn the rules of the sacrament of Education II (participle II) at the regular verbs and the same form of irregular verbs memorize. To create a form of passive voice needed a verb «to be» in the right form and shape Communion II MAIN meaning of the verb. Below are the verbs «to cook / to write» in the passive voice in English:
- Present Indefinite (real simple time) — am / is / are + cooked / written
- Present Continuous (real long time) — am / is / are + being + cooked / written
- Present Perfect (Present Perfect time) — have / has + been + cooked / written
- Past indefinite (simple past time) — was / were + cooked / written
- Past Continuous (Past a long time) — was / were + being + cooked / written
- Past Perfect (Past Perfect Tense) — had + been + cooked / written
- Future Indefinite (Future prime time) — will + be + cooked / written
- Future Continuous (Future for a long time) — there is no
- Future Perfect (Future perfect time) — will + have + been + cooked / written
How it is used the passive voice in English in a sentence? Take the sentence in the active voice:
They built this museum a century ago. — They built this museum one hundred years ago.
And here is how it will look the same sentence in the passive voice (and here it is possible to consume and even necessary, because we do not care who committed the action):
This museum was built a century ago. — This museum was built 100 years ago.
To form the interrogative form of the passive voice in English, you need to put the auxiliary verb before the subject:
When was this museum built? — When this museum was built?
If you need a negative form of the passive voice in English, put the first auxiliary verb particle «not»:
This museum was not built a century ago. — This museum was built a hundred years ago.
How to transfer the passive voice in English?
There is a rule that applies to both Russian and English language: noun, which was in addition to the active voice sentence, shall become subject to the sentence of a passive or passive voice. And vice versa. And if the offer passive voice indicated he who performs an action, it is in the English language should have an excuse ourselves by, and the translation into Russian it will take the form of instrumental case.
Possible transfer the passive voice:
- With the use of the short form of the sacrament of the passive voice, that is the museum «was built.»
- With the use of the verb that ends in -s or Xia, that is «the museum is being built» — «the museum is built.»
- With the use of indefinite-personal sentences (in the absence of manufacturer’s actions), that is, «they were chosen to built a museum» — «they have chosen for the construction of the museum.»
How difficult would be for you no matter the passive voice in English, it is necessary to know him as he really is very often used in speech and in writing.