In business practice and daily life there are situations when it is necessary to make the letter of claim when, for example, did a poor-quality goods or services disturbs you.
Before you sit down to write such a letter, first of all, make sure you are objectively right. A letter of complaint can be sent as e-mail and fax, if the subject of the complaint insignificant. If the situation is serious, it is best to send it to mail a letter, possibly with the notice.
- Gather all the necessary information. Describe the problem succinctly, write on the merits, and in a clear logical sequence.
- Indicate what measures do you think should take, and in what time frame you expect them to perform.
- Attach a copy of all supporting documents.
- Regardless of your level of disturbance in any case can not use rude and to get personal.
- Do not let yourself go in the direction of the main problems going into criticisms of the company and the quality of its services.
- Do not send a letter without checking it previously for grammar and punctuation errors.
We make an
- Begin your letter with greetings Dear Mr (or Mrs, Ms, Miss, etc.) Surname.
- If you do not know the name of the person to whom you are applying, start with a letter Dear Madam or Dear Sir; if you do not know the destination floor, use Dear Sirs, or Dear Sir or Madam.
- Getting the message must attract the attention of the reader to focus on issues. For example, We are writing to complain about …, We would like to complain …, We are writing with reference to Order # …, We would like to express our dissatisfaction with … and Thank you for your letter of …
- Expand the essence of the issue as soon as possible, indicating the reason for which you are writing, in a clear and concise manner. Once you have done this, you can add a few details and facts.
- At the end of the letter tell about their expectations, for example, We would appreciate if you could let us know as soon as possible what actions you suggest taking or We look forward to hearing from you regarding this misunderstanding within the next seven days.
The wording has to enter into a standard format:
- If you know someone who are addressing a letter, it is necessary to finish the sentence Yours sincerely.
- If you start a letter-complaint handling Dear Sir or Dear Madam, it is necessary to finish the sentence Yours faithfully.
- Your name to be printed under the signature.
And remember: the letter of complaint — it is not the letter of the charges, they are designed to draw attention to a mistake or misunderstanding, and fix them. Such letters should be written, taking into account that in most cases the service provider or equipment is also interested in solving problems.